One of the simplest and most effective ways to make a gift to McCallie School is to create a bequest under your will. A bequest allows you to maintain control and use of the assets during your lifetime, and it is highly flexible. The bequest can be structured in a variety of ways (see sample bequest language below) and directed to either a specific purpose or used by the Board of Trustees for the most pressing needs at the time it is received.
I give to McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee,
• The sum of $________________ [specific dollar amount] OR
• Property equal to ___________% of my gross estate [percentage of total estate] OR
• _____________% of the residue of my estate after distribution of specific items OR
• The following described property: ______________ [specific class of property] OR
• My ___________________ [specific asset/assets].
Additionally, you can direct your gift in the following ways:
• To be used for such purposes as the Board deems appropriate [general purposes]; OR
• To be used for ________________ [a specific project or purpose]; OR
• To be added to the permanent endowment of McCallie School for _________________ [a specific project or purpose].
However, if at any time in the judgment of the Board of Trustees it is impossible or impracticable to carry out exactly the designated purpose, the Board of Trustees shall determine an alternative purpose as near as possible to the designated purpose. It is most helpful if the terms of a bequest can be as general as possible. Otherwise, please consult the school if you are considering a bequest for a specific purpose or wish to establish a named endowed fund.
As with any decision involving your assets, we urge you to seek the advice of your professional counsel when considering a gift to McCallie.
Tax identification number of McCallie School: 62-0475837
Attn: Penny Grant
500 Dodds Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404